WCohn, Journeyman Plumber
Experience:  Journeyman Plumber/Estimator

I recently had a new AquaSource faucet installed in my kitchen.

Customer Question

I recently had a new AquaSource faucet installed in my kitchen. The water flow rate is so slow that it takes at least 2x longer to fill a quart jar in the kitchen than with the bathroom sink that was installed about 10-12 years ago. I like the flow rate when using the spray to rinse off dishes, but the flow rate to fill a pot, etc. is annoying. Any way to get a variable flow rate at this faucet?
JA: Sometimes plumbing issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Plumber I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Plumber should know?
Customer: I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Plumber about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  WCohn replied 5 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you
Expert:  WCohn replied 5 months ago.
It really sounds to me like you have a water saving aerator on your faucet. Try removing the aerator and then time it. If it's better then I would simply buy a less restrictive aerator.
Expert:  WCohn replied 5 months ago.
If I have answered your question, I would appreciate a positive rating. If you have further questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Expert:  WCohn replied 5 months ago.
How has removing they aerator done for you?
Expert:  WCohn replied 5 months ago.
Any luck?