WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber
Experience:  Journeyman Plumber/Estimator
6211579

Pearl...its not a major thing. I am on city water and

Customer Question

Hi, Pearl...its not a major thing. I am on city water and when we flush the toliets and someone is having a shower there is a noticeable loss of water pressure and cold water. Is there some sort of regulator that I can install the help with this?
JA: Sometimes plumbing issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Plumber I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Plumber should be aware of?
Customer: nope that's it thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Plumber about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  WCohn replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to helping you. This is a common issue. How old is your house
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
36 years
Expert:  WCohn replied 1 year ago.
is your shower valve a single handle valve?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
each shower is different, one is a single handle, another is 2 handles and a diverter, the third is a single handle with spigot style diverter
Expert:  WCohn replied 1 year ago.
Okay, are you having problems at all of them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it doesn't matter which shower I use or which sink. When a toilet is flushed we lose water pressure
Expert:  WCohn replied 1 year ago.
This due to not having shower valves with pressure balancing spools. The problem can be solve by having new shower valves installed. This can be a simple job (3-4 hours each) or it can be a real pain depending on your application. I usually cut into the wall in the back of the shower valve and replace it then have the drywall fixed. The company I work for charges just under $700 American each. This price includes labor, shower valve and chrome trim. I can list the parts here if you like.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sure please do thanks
Expert:  WCohn replied 1 year ago.
These are the major parts. They do not include fittings, because that depends on each application and pipe type. http://www.amazon.com/Moen-8371HD-Commercial-2-Inch-Posi-Temp/dp/B007F9I8CG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1463143936&sr=8-3&keywords=moen+posi+temp+valve http://www.amazon.com/Moen-T62153-Brantford-Posi-Temp-without/dp/B001DSIFZ0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1463143989&sr=8-3&keywords=moen+posi+temp+trim+kit+chrome http://www.amazon.com/Moen-1920-Remodeling-Cover-Chrome/dp/B0013C3VI2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463144026&sr=8-1&keywords=moen+remodel+plate
Expert:  WCohn replied 1 year ago.
If you are satisfied with my answer please give me a positive rating
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just answer just charged my credit card 38 for no reason