WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber
Experience:  Journeyman Plumber/Estimator
6211579

In the basement there is bubbling in the toilet when the

Customer Question

in the basement there is bubbling in the toilet when the washer is on and releasing its water to the tub and sometimes it overflows water or sewage from the floor drains , the plumber has to snake it to open the lines and it happens very few months.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  WCohn replied 1 year ago.
my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you
Expert:  WCohn replied 1 year ago.
You have a mainline that is clogged I would look into having Camera ran down at to see if you have a broken pipe or root intrusion
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used the draino hair remover to unclog and used other products as well including acid sulfuric for homes seems to unclog it
Expert:  WCohn replied 1 year ago.
That's great that you've cleared it, but if it is happening every few months then I'd want to know why it's happening. Something has caused a compromise to the pipe. If it's affordable I'd have a drain tech camera the line and look for breaks or roots. The chemicals are only destroying the organic matter that is getting caught on whatever is causing the real issue, but if doing that every few months is okay with you then that's up to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so it is called clogged the main drain even that it only clogs one time every few months? I thought clogged means no open lines at all
Expert:  WCohn replied 1 year ago.
Your tub is the lowest trap, so when a sink, or laundry drains into the tub the is a clogged line.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is the main line in the basement?to get the drain camera in
Expert:  WCohn replied 1 year ago.
That is not something I can tell you without seeing it for myself but ideally it would be there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will check and get back to you.thank you
Expert:  WCohn replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your original question to your satisfaction I'd appreciate a positive rating
Expert:  WCohn replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you have any luck