WCohn, Journeyman Plumber
Experience:  Journeyman Plumber/Estimator

I have a Rheem Ecosense

Customer Question

I have a Rheem Ecosense. It makes a low humming noise that transmit through the house. For example when in bathroom or kitchen you can hear the noise, doesn't matter which faucet. Maybe it is just normal. It is mounted in basement to couple 2x4's mounted to basement wall with no insulation. I turned the gas off and with hot water flowing the fan still ran and humming noise still there. You can feel the unit itself vibrating so probably just the fan vibration transmitting through walls. I read can happen if intake/exhaust too close to each other, but it still hums with gas off.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  WCohn replied 5 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. This could be any number of things if it shaking when is not firing then I would look at the fan. I once had to pull a dead mouse out of the fan of the tankless water heater. It shock really bad
Expert:  WCohn replied 5 months ago.
They usually see when they're running and that's usually because of a bad air to fuel mixture, for it sucking in its own exhaust
Expert:  WCohn replied 5 months ago.
They usually shake. Sorry
Expert:  WCohn replied 5 months ago.
My last statement is a correction to the previous statement. The units themselves should not shake