WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber
Experience:  Journeyman Plumber/Estimator
6211579

Thank You here. I have an almost constant humming

Customer Question

Hi. Thank You for being here. I have an almost constant humming -- vibrating sound in my house for six months now. It appeared one night spontaneously and has not left - only for a couple of hours a day. I experiment CONTINUALLY -- I close the main breaker, I turn off the Main water in my home and it persists. I have researched and use the process of elimination: The furness - is ok... I live in a very, very old house and the
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Electrician should know?
Customer: I live in an old home and the WATER MAIN coming into the house is behind a wall. I do not know if there is a PRV or not. That is my next step -- open the wall to determine if there is a PRV that is manlfxing or if there is not a PRV. What mystifies me is that I am told there is not a PRV is these old homes. Well if so, how could PRV relate to this issue?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  WCohn replied 7 months ago.
This question has been posted in the plumbing section and before I assume it is electrical let's try and eliminate plumbing. Can you describe the noise better and where do you hear it loudest?