Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.

How to replace seals on kholer body shower jets # *****

Customer Question

how to replace seals on kholer body shower jets # ***** 4inch round ?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Are you sure about the model number? What is the issue that you are trying to fix? There are not any seals in a body spray that need replacing.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There is some intermittent leaks in my basement I tried grouting even after two weeks of nonuse of the shower is water weeping from the body jets I'm thinking when in use water is trickling into the basement shower is brand-new relatively
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Only five years old and pretty much just used on weekends should not be leaking
Expert:  Mike R. replied 5 months ago.
Do you have a fixed head also or only the body sprays? Do you use the fixed head or do you have a hand held?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Fixed head
Expert:  Mike R. replied 5 months ago.
Do you use the fixed head when showering? Do you have a shower caddy hanging from it?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I use both nothing hanging from it
Expert:  Mike R. replied 5 months ago.
It leaks all the time or only after using? Has it always leaked or is it a new issue?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
New issue
Expert:  Mike R. replied 5 months ago.
First thing to check out is the fixed head shower neck. Remove the shower head and teflon tape the threads and thread a 1/2" pvc cap onto it and pull the escutcheon back and turn the shower on then check if the shower neck is leaking where it threads into the fitting in the wall. The body spray heads have a female, 1/2" thread on the back. there is a female fitting in the wall. There is a 1/2" nipple in between those. If the shower neck is not leaking then there may be a place in the middle of the body spray for an allen wrench. You may also need a nipple extractor. Remove each body spray and nipple and check that the nipple is the correct length. If not then replace it with the proper length and be sure to teflon tape each fitting by applying the tape clockwise so that the tape does not come off when threading into the fitting. Tape about 5 or 6 times around.
Expert:  Mike R. replied 5 months ago.
I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?
Expert:  Mike R. replied 5 months ago.
I would hope that during our ongoing conversation that you have been provided the information needed to solve the issue you are having but I will not know that without a response from you. My goal is to get you the answers you seek but I have no way of knowing if you have gotten the information you are looking for without either a positive rating or request for more information from you.