Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor

I seem to have a burst of air coming out from the bottom of

Customer Question

I seem to have a burst of air coming out from the bottom of the flush valve every once in a while approx 10-15 mins. Wonder what can cause it ?
JA: Sometimes plumbing issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Plumber I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I can show you a video clip as how the air comes out and sound
JA: Is there anything else the Plumber should be aware of?
Customer: I replaced it with a new flush valve, an problem is still there
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Plumber about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. Please provide a link to the video. The file is probably too big to upload here.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Rick,
Somehow, I lost inter-connect yesterday and was not able to get back to you. You can see problem by watching it on Youtube help me to find out what is the problem.
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
Well that's a strange one. I looks like you have air in your water line and the path of least resistance is out through your toilet fill valve. Once the air dissipates the fill valve closes again. So the solution would seem to hinge on eliminating the source of the air. Are you on a well? if not any obvious sources for air in the water line?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Thx Rick, I work at home I got a call from my client. So far, I was already charged $43 and still no answer. If I call you, does it mean I'll be charged again ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
BTW, this is a bathroom inside a condo
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I had suspected air from the line itself
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
I have no control over billing and I can't answer billing questions. You'll need to contact customer service re: billing issues. You should be able to straighten out the current charges if you feel you've been over billed. Contact customer service at far as a call now goes, it looks like you're in Canada. I'm in the States and the extra I get for a call is inadequate to cover the toll call costs so I'm sorry but I don't make calls out of the country. If you want to call me, yes there is an additional charge. We can continue here if you like. If you're in a condo the you should bring this to the attention of your management company. There's nothing you can do to solve this assuming you're on a common water system with the other condo owners.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
k thx. Let close this than
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
Ok, thanks for using Just Answer
Expert:  alma-cssm replied 6 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry regarding a refund, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. ( Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Mike R. replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. i will be glad to help you today. I see you had asked for a refund but I do know what is causing the bubbles in the video. Are you still seeking an answer or would you rather the refund?
Expert:  WCohn replied 6 months ago.
If you are still interested reply here.