Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

My breaker is on, but the water heater is off. It's an A. O.

Customer Question

My breaker is on, but the water heater is off. It's an A. O. Smith ELJF 30. I can't find yet a manual that will tell me where to find a reset switch.
JA: Sometimes plumbing issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Plumber I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: It's an electric water heater, and I've already found the breaker which I've confirmed is on (all of the breakers are set to on as well).
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Plumber should know?
Customer: Not yet.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Plumber about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.The reset button is behind the top access panel on the front of the tank. Remove the panel and the insulation behind it and you should see the red reset button. If you push it in and it clicks you have reset it. If it doesn't click it wasn't tripped and you have a different problem. You can reset it without turning the power of to the heater but if you don't turn the power off be careful to not touch any of the wires or connections.
Expert:  Rick replied 7 months ago.
How did it work out?