Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer.
Experience:  Retired mech. contractor, shop owner, 51 yrs experience.
23932409

My name is ***** ***** and I have a "belly" in my main sewer

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** and I have a "belly" in my main sewer line, I've known about this for a few years but haven't gotten it fixed because a few times a year I run a "clog hog" sewer jet down there and that usually makes it drain ok. However recently there must be a lot of muck down there, I was able to get an auger from a rental store through it, but it's still not draining adequately. Would a plumber be able to run like a 4" vacuum pipe down there and suck out the muck much like a septic tank? Or what is the best remedy for this (other than digging up the pipe)?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what would you like to know, a camera has verified the "belly"
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Plumbers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Phil replied 7 months ago.
Hello, the plumber will not be able run a suction hose down the line, but will be able to run a snake with a camera down the line, and a root cutter if needed, then he can flush all that stuff into the sewer. That would not be a bad fix. However if the line is not buried too deep, the plumber could mark the belly on your lawn, you could dig that section up and lift it with an A frame and a come along, and solve the problem more permanently. Once I get your question answered completely please rate my work, its how I earn a living and will not increase your charges, nor close the question to any follow up needed later.