Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

If I have to turn off my water supply at the mains do I have

Customer Question

If I have to turn off my water supply at the mains do I have to switch off or isolate my water softener?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.It's OK if the softener goes through a backwash cycle with the water turned off to it. The internal valve in the softener will just cycle through its various positions for each part of the cycle. The only difference is no water will be flowing through it. It not much different than opening a faucet with the water turned off. It doesn't hurt the faucet any more than t would hurt the softener.