Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

My name is ***** *****. I have a Koehler bathroom faucet that

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I have a Koehler bathroom faucet that i am trying to replace my cartride. However it is difficult to remove.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It is a koehler model k12265 two handle. Do i need to remove the nut under my sink to remove my cartridge?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Plumbers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 9 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.Once you have the handle off you just back off the cartridge by putting a wrench on the hex nut at the base of the stem. If the whole valve unit turns they you'll need someone under the sink to hold the valve body so it doesn't turn. You don't want to remove the nut under the sink. That will only make it more difficult. If anything you want to tighten that nut. If the cartridge is still seized up then you can soak it with something like PB Blaster, or CLR even white vinegar. Then come back to it an hour later.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The wrench nut is too big and I put some Pam but nothing gives
Expert:  Rick replied 9 months ago.
Pam won't do anything. You can try one of the options I mentioned. Which nut is too big?