Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.
64367226

Mark My name is***** seen one property Where

Customer Question

Hello mark My name is***** seen one property Where the sewer is passing through the kitchen and Garrage So I need your feedback Is it ok to buy? Or not 1930 build
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We have seen the property and we liked it for kids school So , we need your feedback
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Plumbers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Plumbing
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes mark
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I made a payment now
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is it good to buy that house where there is a combined sewer running through kitchen and Garrage. We are little worry
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello mark
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello mark
My email id is***@******.***
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello Mark
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello mark
Expert:  Mike R. replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. This is totally fine. There is piping in the walls, ceilings and floors going near everything. Sometimes there may be a steel beam or other obstacle that prevents this and the piping may be on the outside of a wall, ceiling or floor and if this pipe is something that you would like to hide then a wall or part of a wall can be built around it to hide it. Besides it not looking as nice there is nothing to worry about.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks Mike,
This is a combined sewer pipe running through kitchen and Garrage.
This is a sewer pipe is this ok to buy the property?.
Our worry is if it leaks or anything is it required dig the basement and to break foundations or anything?
Or can be can be fixed without digging?
Please give your feedback on this.
This will help lot for us in taking good decision to buy.
Kind regards
Ganesh
Expert:  Mike R. replied 7 months ago.
You are very welcome, Ganesh. If the pipe is exposed and it leaks then repair is not a terrible issue. Anything that is not exposed can be quite expensive to repair. This really goes for any property, so really the fact is that anything that is exposed or in the ground outside is much easier to repair than something that is under concrete flooring. So, if the pipe that is causing you concern is exposed, which I assume it is, then if there is an issue it will be accessible and repair can be done without causing any further issue by breaking up flooring or walls. Basically the only thing that you would have to be concerned about is if the pipe bothers you because of the way it looks. If you do not like the way that it looks then is there a solution to that? If it does not bother you how it looks there is not any worries about repair issues. Those issues would be the same because of the age of the home no matter where the pipe is and no matter the home you are considering. If the pipe is accessible because of where it is then this is actually a positive situation rather than a negative situation.
Expert:  Mike R. replied 7 months ago.
I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?
Expert:  Mike R. replied 6 months ago.
I would hope that during our ongoing conversation that you have been provided the information needed to solve the issue you are having but I will not know that without a response from you. My goal is to get you the answers you seek but I have no way of knowing if you have gotten the information you are looking for without either a positive rating or request for more information from you.