Phil, Mechanical Engineer.
Experience:  Retired mech. contractor, shop owner, 51 yrs experience.

I have a Rinnai 75l. Service person found a leaf in the

Customer Question

Hi. I have a Rinnai 75l. Service person found a leaf in the burner. He removed it. Unit worked for two hours now will not light, or if it does, will not stay lit. I think I have gas problem. Anything I can do before they come back on Monday?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: like?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Plumbers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Phil replied 6 months ago.
Hello, the burner igniting OK but not staying lit is due most of the time to a dirty flame sensor rod, ask him to clean that off for you, (its not easy to get to) and see how that goes, while you feed him a sandwich... if it keeps running while he is there for half an hour, then fails again later, then the most likely problem is printed circuit board that the flame sensor wires attach to. Let me know how you do with the technician, you are welcome to stay in touch here as long as you need to after rating my advice. Thanks I
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This reply is useless for me.
Expert:  Phil replied 6 months ago.
What else would you like to know? Are you handy with working gas appliances, I can coach you on how to clean the flame sensor rod about a 2 hour job if you are least semi handy. We can go from here in any fashion you wish,
Customer: replied 6 months ago.