Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor

I am a water heater serviceman in Townsville,Have had two calls

Customer Question

I am a water heater serviceman in Townsville,Have had two calls from owners of Rinnai Infinity 26's in 12 hours both run out of gas and when refilled will not operate , is there some resetting needed,in both instances the gas cooktops in the houses are still working, one has a wire supplied temperature selector in bathroom , the display is not lit when system has power on.Both units 10 years old .
Appreciate your advice please
Lloyd Bourke (###) ###-####
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Phil replied 6 months ago.
Hello, when they run out of propane, the ignition tries to light the burner, 3 times, then locks the unit out.Look at this manual please and tell me which error code you see if any, those are on page 24click here please Next try turning power off to the water heater for 5 minutes, then back on and tell me how that works. We can go from there.