Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.
64367226

What are the plumbing code changes regarding dish washer box

Customer Question

What are the plumbing code changes regarding dish washer box with air hammer devise?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 11 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. I will type out what it says in the code book now.....
Expert:  Mike R. replied 11 months ago.
The flow velocity of the water distribution system shall be controlled to reduce the possibility of water hammer. A water hammer arrestor shall be installed where quick closing valves are utilized, unless otherwise approved. Water hammer arrestors shall be installed in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications. Water hammer arrestors shall conform to ASSE 1010
Expert:  Mike R. replied 11 months ago.
Basically they are needed on ice makers and washing machines.....
Expert:  Mike R. replied 10 months ago.
I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?
Expert:  Mike R. replied 10 months ago.
I would hope that during our ongoing conversation that you have been provided the information needed to solve the issue you are having but I will not know that without a response from you. My goal is to get you the answers you seek but I have no way of knowing if you have gotten the information you are looking for without either a positive rating or request for more information from you.