Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

There is a strange noise in my house that is keeping me awake

Customer Question

there is a strange noise in my house that is keeping me awake and it seems to be related to the water system
JA: Sometimes plumbing issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Plumber I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: it is a three story house and it feels as if it is vibrating almost and the constant sound wont stop
JA: Anything else I can tell the Plumber before I connect you two?
Customer: could it be the water heater?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Plumber about your situation and connect you two.
Customer: if so how do I turn this off? This is a duplex
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.If it's coming from the plumbing water usually has to be running to generate a noise. The water heater isn't a likely culprit but a toilet is. If water is running over the top of the overflow pipe in the tank and the fill valve is old the fill valve can make a vibrating/groaning type of sound.