Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.
64367226

Just replaced tank flush valve because new flappers would keep

Customer Question

just replaced tank flush valve because new flappers would keep sticking open. now the new flapper does not stick but the new flush valve does not seem to allow enough water into the bowl so no complete flush. bowl will flush from a bucket of water poured in. Adjusted the tank water level up but no flush.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when flushing air bubbles come back in the tank. water does not seem to be flowing fast enough. flush valve is fluidmaster 507akr
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Plumbers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. If you hold the handle down, do you get a full flush then? Is the tank filling to the water line marked on the inside of the tank?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i changed the water height a few times and nothing worked. i had left it alone for an hour and came back and it is now flushing just fine, multiple times. it is as if there was an air-pocket that eventually worked its way out.
Expert:  Mike R. replied 7 months ago.
There was likely a piece of sediment stuck in the diaphragm of the fill valve. It does happen from time to time after the water has been turned off. I was going to have you flush it but very good that it is working now. Let me know if I can help. Mike
Expert:  Mike R. replied 6 months ago.
I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?
Expert:  Mike R. replied 6 months ago.
I would hope that during our ongoing conversation that you have been provided the information needed to solve the issue you are having but I will not know that without a response from you. My goal is to get you the answers you seek but I have no way of knowing if you have gotten the information you are looking for without either a positive rating or request for more information from you.