Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.

I have a fleck 5600sxt softener and have tested and determined

Customer Question

I have a fleck 5600sxt softener and have tested and determined that it regenerates every night. I am wondering just what piece of the unit is at fault so I can get it ordered and installed. The unit is crazy using so much salt with each regeneration and there must be something faulty causing this malfunction. My unit isnot quite four yearsold. We get a good number of lightning strikes around us and we are sure to get power surges if that plays into the equation. What could be the problem? Merrill e-mail is***@******.***
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.The most likely culprit is a faulty timer. Here is the manual with the parts list. The timer is part of the front panel assembly (Part number 26A or B)