Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I be seeing Lil black worms in my shower coming out from the

Customer Question

I be seeing Lil black worms in my shower coming out from the corners
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Ok I have a separate shower and tub the worms be coming out the bottom glass frame and it's starting to turn black look like a Lil corrosion around the from. What is that?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Plumbers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Brad Neighbour replied 8 months ago.
Hi there I will try to help you. Sounds to me like you have a leak coming from somewhere. Now you need to trouble shoot and try to isolate where it is coming from. The worms are crawling out from below the shower base?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes the window frame on top the shower
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
On top the shower base
Ok I understand. Those little black worms come from your shower drain. When a drain exposed with no cap. The drain fly lays eggs in your drain. That's where the worms are born. After you shower you need to cover up the drain with something so the fly can't lay eggs in there. It's the only fix that I know of. Hope this helps.