Brad Neighbour
Brad Neighbour,
Experience:  plumber/gasfitter at Horizon North

Zoeller lift station pump won't shut off.

Customer Question

zoeller lift station pump won't shut off.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Brad Neighbour replied 6 months ago.
Hi there .I will try my best to help you. Is the float built in with the pump or does it have its own power cord? When the pump is running can you manually shut it off by turning the float?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The float is built in to the pump. I can move the float up and down. It moves freely, but continues to run. Can I send you a picture from my phone?
No that's okay I know which one you mean. Sounds like your float switch is stuck on. Unscrew the top of the pump where the wires go into and you should see the connections. Sometimes water will eventually seep into the switch connection and short out the switch. Take a look and see what kind of shape the connections are in. U may just need to replace the float switch.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I took the top off. The switch is attached to the underside of the lid. Also, a thing with a copper coil in it attached to the base of the compartment. There is rust and some moisture.
try to clean the contacts with some sandpaper or sos pad. Check the connections and make sure everything is tight and looks fine. You might get lucky and not have to replace the float switch
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
cleaned the contacts and it works. Thank you
Awesome! good to hear. Cheers
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Knowlegable andhis advice worked
thank you