Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

Bought the replacement 1222 cartridge moen shower.

Customer Question

bought the replacement 1222 cartridge for my moen shower. Pulled the old one and replaced with the new one. turned the water on one valve and it is leaking around cartridge front. cotter pin is loose. Is that the problem?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: cartridge that was in the shower was hard to turn. the handle broke so I decided to replace the cartridge. I had replaced it once before about five years ago. The pin that holds in the cartridge is loose when I place it back in.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Plumbers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.Sounds like you have a defective cartridge. The U clip just holds the cartridge in place keeping the water pressure from ejecting it from the valve. It has nothing to do with the cartridge leaking. Since you've done this before I assume you have the cartridge inserted all the way in.