Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor

My Water Ace R3p sump pump wont cut off when the float reaches

Customer Question

my Water Ace R3p sump pump wont cut off when the float reaches the bottom level for the water
JA: Sometimes plumbing issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Plumber I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: When the float reaches the bottom water level, the stop on the rod sits on the switch lever and won't pull the lever down to cut off the pump. so the pump continues to run.. This is a new issue and the pump is 10yrs old
JA: Anything else I can tell the Plumber before I connect you two?
Customer: that's it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Plumber about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.Sounds like you have a bad switch. Since this pump has been discontinued OEM parts are not available. You could try a generic replacement like this one.Pedestal Sump Pump Switch