Derek Williams
Derek Williams,
Experience:  Owner at DCW plumbing
89816453

I have a Kohler shower faucet that I need to replace the

Customer Question

I have a Kohler shower faucet that I need to replace the Mixer Cap. Problem is I have no idea how to get the faucet hardware off. There are no visible set screws
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am trying to replace the Mixer Cap for a Kohler faucet. I can not get the faucet off to even get back to the part that needs to be replaced. The Kohler faucet is very sleek, and there are no visible screws. I can not figure how to get the faucet hardware off.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Plumbers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Plumbing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Derek Williams replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** to Just Answer. Let me see if i can help you with your problem. Feel around the base of the handle where it goes on to the mixer cap. You should feel a small cut out in the metal. You will then insert an allen key in the set screw and loosen it. I believe if I'm not mistaken the allen key you will need is 3/32. The handle should then come off. Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the attempted answer. Please do not charge me for this. I specifically said there were no set screws or cut outs. This does not help me at all.

Ok Sorry but i did not see that on my end. do you know the model of the unit?

I don't need a model number just a name.

Also is it a metal handle or acrylic?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already figured out how to get it off. I figured it out myself. Please cancel this order.

That is Great. And I am sorry for the confusion on my part . I truly did not see anywhere were it was stated their was no set screw. But i am happy you figured it out.