Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.
64367226

Just installed Kohler kitchen faucet. No cold water comes

Customer Question

Just installed Kohler kitchen faucet. No cold water comes out
JA: Sometimes plumbing issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Plumber I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: All is hooked up correctly. Cold water is turned on but doesn't come out of the faucet.
JA: Is there anything else the Plumber should be aware of?
Customer: Not to my knowledge.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Plumber about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Does this valve have built in water lines? The braided metal looking type lines?

Expert:  Mike R. replied 8 months ago.

When turning the nut to tighten the line it will also twist the line and kink it off. Look to see if the line is twisted and if it is you will have to loosen the nut and untwist it then when tightening, hold the stem of the line with some channel locks to prevent it from twisting again.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Did not fix problem
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Rip off!
Expert:  Mike R. replied 8 months ago.

Sorry I did not respond right away. Had to go out for dinner. If you disconnect the line from the shut off, do you get water out of the shut off? The line was not twisted? The hot water works fine?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hot is fine, cold is running. Hot comes through cold doesn't.
Expert:  Mike R. replied 8 months ago.

If you remove the cartridge and place a cup over it then turn the cold valve on do you get water to that point?