Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.
64367226

Reducing drain pipe, yeah. I am in the middle of a bathroom

Customer Question

reducing drain pipe
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yeah. I am in the middle of a bathroom remodel and the old drain was 1 1/2" . The new base I bought has a 2" drain. Where should i Reduce the pipe? before the P trap or at the main waste line?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Plumbers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. The best thing to do would be to replace the pipe with 2" if that is an option. If it is a crawl space then certainly just replace the whole pipe with 2". Otherwise put a 2x1 1/2 coupling above the trap if there is room or put a 2x1 1/2 bushing in the shower drain depending on the shower drain you are using.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 11 months ago.

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?

Expert:  Mike R. replied 11 months ago.

I would hope that during our ongoing conversation that you have been provided the information needed to solve the issue you are having but I will not know that without a response from you. My goal is to get you the answers you seek but I have no way of knowing if you have gotten the information you are looking for without either a positive rating or request for more information from you.