Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I need a gas hot water system that runs 70 litres per

Customer Question

Hi I need a gas hot water system that runs 70 litres per minute. This is to sit on my pump skid & will be exported as a cleaning system in Egypt. Once the skid arrives overseas it is not moved around they need to attach power, water etc & then it needs to run. I need my options, costs & time frame. It sounds like they want it earlier rather than later. I have never done heating before as the plant will usually supply hot water but this plant does not have hot water.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

You are asking of course for more than can be delivered on a 'just an answer' basis. I've designed and built many skids over the years, the engineering required to create a *reliable hot water skid for use in a region with no technical back up goes way beyond finding a water heater with 70 liters per minute flow rate... many if not most of those include extensive electronic controls, that are prone to failure in rugged environments and then cannot be serviced in those environments.

Here are your options, at least when dealing with me here on Just Answer.

Its a premium service, and includes full engineering, vendor identification, cost/benefit analysis, complete set of CAD drawings, calculation sheets... and range of options.

First stage conceptual design services, which may or may not be sufficient for construction, but will include conceptual drawings and equipment specs, for several options.

$250.

Second stage includes complete CAD drawings of the option chosen so that the mechanical aspects of the skid package can be built from those drawings. $450

Third stage includes a range of electrical schematics and options, and the sales package you may need to present the offer to buyers, including 3D animated CAD graphics, drawing and slides package... with an eye toward dominating that market.

$500

-------------

My background: Available here on Just Answer, with licensing etc verified, is 55 years in the industry including numerous mechanical skid packages, a hot water boiler skid, and the MX missile test stand cooling for Aerojet General Corp.

I am currently semi retired and working for a fifth of my previous rates as I travel, and do what can in other areas.

https://experthelp.justanswer.com/hc/en-us/articles/217743427

http://screencast.com/t/LBQd5jJC7IV

If you are interested let me know, or if you wish I can opt out to other of our experts here.

Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Meantime, tell us if the 70 liters per minute hot water flow rate delivery is constant, 24 hours a day, 60 minutes per hour, or just a peak flow rate needed for washing a vehicle or some such, several times an hour for 5 minutes each time, etc.....

if this is an intermittent flow rate, not a constant flow rate it will affect the size of boiler and gas line etc needed.... hours of use will also have a great effect on what your range of options are.

We can go from there.