Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.
64367226

Have an old moen shower and just purchased a new moen

Customer Question

have an old moen shower and just purchased a new moen Danika. Can i just replace the cartridge and trim?
or did I just create a big problem
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. If the valve body is the same then yes. In all likelihood you surely can. There are only two main types of Moen valve. Moentrol and Positemp. They have to be the same to be able to change just the cartridge and handle.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

Positemp is the type that you turn the handle to turn it on and the further you turn the handle the hotter it gets. Moentrol is the type that you pull to turn on and turn to adjust the temperature. The Danika is probably the Positemp so the shower will have to be Positemp too so that you do not have to replace the valve in the wall.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

I would hope that during our ongoing conversation that you have been provided the information needed to solve the issue you are having but I will not know that without a response from you. My goal is to get you the answers you seek but I have no way of knowing if you have gotten the information you are looking for without either a positive rating or request for more information from you.