Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor

I have a shower/tub with a new Moen 1222 cartridge that I

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I'm Dan. I have a shower/tub with a new Moen 1222 cartridge that I recently installed. I replaced it due to a high pitched whistle that is made when I run the shower. It is not present when only the tub is run. I've replaced the shower head, but the sound is still there. It doesn't make any noise without a shower head installed. Thoughts?
JA: Sometimes, Moen, plumbing issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Plumber I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Plumber should know?
Customer: Another shower only slightly leaks through the shower head, and it too is new. Possibly I should return it.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Plumber about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 7 months ago.

Could be the slight back pressure with the head installed is activating the noise. How do you divert the water to the head? a diverter spout? a (push button?) diverter in the valve?

Expert:  Mike R. replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Did you replace the valve body also? Does the valve have separate shut off valves?