Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor

I have a bradford- gas water heater with an honeywell

Customer Question

I have a bradford-white gas water heater with an honeywell electronic igniter. I can get the pilot to light, but t will not stay on. The indicator LED does not flash.
JA: Sometimes plumbing issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Plumber I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Water heater was working fine, forgot to pay my bill. When the gas service was restored, the water heater would not work. I can get the pilot to come on, as long as I hold the red temperature button, pilot stays lit. However, the main burner does not come on.
JA: Is there anything else the Plumber should be aware of?
Customer: I have tried holding the temperature for about 2 - 3 minutes, but the pilot will go out as soon as I stop depressing the button.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Plumber about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 7 months ago.

What is the model number of your unit? Does the pilot stay lit after you release the button?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I contacted the manufacturer and described the problem. They agreed that the symptoms indicated a faulty valve. They contacted a local plumber and replaced the part earlier this morning. So the promblem has been rectified.
Expert:  Rick replied 7 months ago.

Ok, thanks for trying Just Answer