Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft

Have a retractable faucet with a round weight that seems to

Customer Question

Have a retractable faucet with a round weight that seems to have come loose. No screws on it.
JA: Sometimes plumbing issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Plumber I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Sorry, I'm not real handy. It's a black round weight and it has fallen down to where it is just lies at the bottom of the hose. I've tried moving it up but the hole in it is larger than the hose.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Plumber should know?
Customer: Nothing that I know to tell him.
JA: Our top Plumber is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Plumber in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Plumber until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Eddie replied 7 months ago.

Hi that device is a weight that would retract your pull out back into position is designed to be loose and float on the hose so the weight always stays at the does need two screws back in it to hold it to the hose...........they probably fell out and maybe you can find them on the bottom of the would be good the use the exact ones or new of the same type and length