How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rick Your Own Question
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 20930
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
Rick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A piece fell out of the bottem of the water refill looks

Customer Question

A piece fell out of the bottem of the water refill looks like some sort of screw assy
JA: Sometimes plumbing issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Plumber I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: replaced the flush valve assy when I toook the tank of the bowl a white plastic or rubber screw device had fallen out of the bottom of the water refill part
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Plumber should know?
Customer: How do I put it back where it belongs
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Plumber about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Can you post a picture of the part you're talking about? You can post a picture here by clicking on ADD FILES next to the SEND button

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I can"t It must hace fallen out of the bottom of the water refill tube the part is a fluid master 85297-aa
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

The only screw type device on a Fluidmaster fill valve is the adjustment screw that adjusts the float height which controls the water level in the tank. On some Fluidmaster models the fitting the refill tube connects to has several flow options and a replacement fill valve will come with several options. I don't think it's likely that this part would just fall out and if it did the refill tube would no longer be connected to the body of the fill valve.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm waiting for some kind of answer for my five dollars
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I just gave you a detailed answer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks sorry I was a little shot my frustrations are getting to me but thanks again
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. Do you have it back together? is the toilet functioning?