Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I took apart my bathroom sink pipes to declog and clean

Customer Question

Hi! I took apart my bathroom sink pipes to declog and clean them, and when I reassembled them, I have a leak. its above the U shaped part, where there is a rubber stopper (type of thing) attached to the part that actually fits through the hole in the sink and holds the stopper. i hope that makes sense to a pro! suggestions?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Derek Williams replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** to just answer. Lets see if i can help you. First i need some more info. Let me walk you thru it. You have the J trap and a pipe going to the sink at eh bottom of the sink is a big nut that tightens a big rubber seal the goes into the bottom of the sink. is it leaking from there?

And is this a bathroom sink or kitchen?

Expert:  Mike R. replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. It seems that your first expert opted out but I assure you are in good hands. Will you tell me what part is leaking on this diagram? click here