Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer.
Experience:  Retired mech. contractor, shop owner, 51 yrs experience.
23932409

I had a pipe break and two weeks the sewage backed up under

Customer Question

i had a pipe break and for about two weeks the sewage backed up under the house, the pipe is repaired but I live in a coastal area and have sump pumps that run nearly all winter. Right now there is about a foot of water under the house, all the paper is broke up, but not sure what I can do. too much water, was thinking of using Rid x and just putting it under to help break down everything
JA: Sometimes plumbing issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Plumber I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Plumber should be aware of?
Customer: I am in the process of remodeling so i have holes in the bathroom floor so i can see the water and have access to it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Plumber about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Phil replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I would call in a septic tank pumping service, or marine waste tank pumping service to pump as much water out as they can, then apply Rid-X to the rest. With good ventilation under the house, you should be OK..

If you have any trouble finding a sewage pumping service, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city and I will be able to locate one for you in most cases.

We can go from here without any time limits.