Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

We are converting a laundry to a 3/4 bath. The room already

Customer Question

Hello, we are converting a laundry to a 3/4 bath. The room already has a vanity sink so we will be adding just a toilet and a shower. This will make a total of 4 toilets in the house. (3 1/4 baths). One of the toilets is on a separate 3" branch line. The new toilet would make three on the other 3" branch line. Wanting to know if we can tie in new toilet with existing drain or if we need to increase pipe size to 4"
House was built in 1985 and is on septic. Septic has 4" inlet and outlet baffles.
Thank you
Tony
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

3 toilets is the max on a 3" drain. So the drain line from the 4th toilet to the the tank should be 4"