Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

I've got a braided toilet water connection, with valve. Does

Customer Question

I've got a braided toilet water connection, with valve. Does the valve connect to the 1/2" copper pipe by just pushing it into the connection? I assume once it's pushed in, it cannot be removed? What is the use of the snap ring behind the connection head? Is this remain, or removed when attaching to the copper pipe?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If you have a push lock type valve connection then it does just push over the copper (which must be free of burrs). These valves can be removed but the mechanism is somewhat different for each brand. I don't know what you mean by the snap ring.