Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a culligan 2E PVE - Flo water softener. The brine

Customer Question

I have a culligan 2E PVE - B Hi-Flo water softener . The brine tank in fill with water and not being sucked out during regen. This my water is not being softened
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! A very common problem with these is a blockage in the venturis in the control and salt bridges in the tank. Can you explain in detail what exactly is happening with your unit? Is your water very hard before softening?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Well what's happening is the water in the salt tank is very high and the auction tube is not sucking the salt solution up. I did clean the line and it's clear. I also cleaned out the the area where the salt bridges yo the tank. There was tank media in there and the screen was clogged. After cleaning I did A manual regen and still so sucking.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Was there quite a bit of "gunk" in the screen? Could any have gotten beyond that screen and sucked internally?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No what I did was pulled the green out and vacuumed it. Believe me, nothing was in there haha
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

I am not able to provide phone service at this time but will alert the others that you would like a phone call. If another is available, they will jump in.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No it's ok. I don't need phone Sec.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello I am a different tech do you still need help?