Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

Ok so had to fix my water heater and a main water line, got

Customer Question

Ok so had to fix my water heater and a main water line, got everything back together and washer started filling then stopped, it will do everything but fill, checked the screens they are fine what happened and what now
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Derek Williams replied 9 months ago.

hello Jared my name is***** to just answer. Lets see if I can help you. disconnect the water lines and get a bucket and bleed the air out of the lines. then reconnect and see if this helps

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did that already
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Actually did it twice lol

I am sorry. Was just making sure. Ok, Did you open a valve when you installed the water heater to get the air out if it? also is both the hot water and cold water to the machine not filling?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did and neither cold nor hot is filling, it started to fill then just shut off
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I checked to make sure all valves are back on to

ok this will sound strange. If it started to fill that says it's not a water issue. It a control board issue. Lets try to rest the board by unplugging the unit for ten minutes and then plugging it back in and turning it on. if it doesn't fill then you know it's in the control board.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok got it I'll give it a try

Their is also a lid a fuse for the lid switch assembly that may be blow. this can also stop the water from going into the machine. you will have to get this part from maytag if it is blown.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok where is that located at

the switch will be located in the control board panel. their should be just 2 screws holding this in place. unscrew the screws and lay the panel down. and check the fuse. If you replace the fuse and it blows again. then the switch is bad, in witch case you will have to replace the whole switch assembly

I've located a video to show you how to replace the switch. if you have to. this is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TDiODw7pM4. Hope this helps you