Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I have just installed a new water pressure reducer. I have

Customer Question

I have just installed a new water pressure reducer. I have adjusted it to 60psi. I shut the water off and then on, and it come right back to 60 psi quickly. I feel I have it set right. But, after several minutes, pressure on t he gauge keeps creeping up? Am I doing something wrong?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Derek Williams replied 9 months ago.

What is the current pressure without the pressure reducer. you can adjust it down to 55 and see if it does it again. if it does it can be one of two things you have the wrong unit for you application or the new unit is bad

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Derek
Current pressure was well above 100. (My gauge goes up to 100) My old reducer just buried the needle at over 100 psi no matter what i set it at. I installed a watts LF25AUB-Z3

ok that unit comes from watts set at 50 pounds. what I need you do to do is get a gauge that goes to 180. then adjust the pressure valve back to 50 pounds. if it doesn't take adjustments the new unit may be bad.

I forgot to tell you, make sure the gauge is on a line the pressure valve will reduce. if your hooking up to a outside hose bib. Be aware some hose bibs are before the reducer.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok will try. Thank you. This will not happen until Monday, if I ask additional questions Monday, will it cost more?
Thanks for your help

I will have my tablet with me so it should just come back to me.