Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

What does it mean when your remote has a C4 error message.

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My son updated our water heating system. I had purchased a EcoSence Tankless.I wanted him to install it. He did but we have not had the service we hoped for. He put in a remote but we don't have instructions for the error messages.We are lost We need a manual To help us understand how to set the tank and the remote. We got this tank from Menards.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Plumbers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

C4 is not an error it's an indication of where in the sequence an error may have occurred. Try turning off the power to the unit by pressing the power ON/OFF button on the remote, wait 5 minutes then turn the power back on and turn on a hot water faucet and see if the error returns. If it does tell me what it is. I can probably post a link to the manual but I need the actual model number of your unit

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is it the practice to turn the remote off/on to get hot water?
Expert:  Rick replied 9 months ago.

No you turn the remote off then back on to reset the unit if it is showing an error

Expert:  Rick replied 9 months ago.

If you don't know the model number I can post a manual for an EcoSense heater. While it will be essentially the same there are a few model specific variations. Setting the water temp with the remote is in the manual and should be the same for all EcoSense models