Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

My Neorest 500 has worked perfect years and all of a sudden,

Customer Question

Hi my Neorest 500 has worked perfect for 8 years and all of a sudden, the bowl during the flush cycle does not evacuate completely. I have used a snake and also the rubber device that expands when filled and forces a jet out (used to clean stuck gutters and A/C lines) with no success.
Please help.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Brad Neighbour replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I will try to help you as best I can. When you say you used a snake, was it a toilet auger? Is the toilet getting the same amount of water in the bowl that it usually does? Try dumping a large bucket of water down the toilet to see if it goes down then we can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess it is called an auger. It looks like a Tommy sub machine gun and has a fitting that you can connect to a electric drill or you can rotate the "snake" by hand. Instead of dumping water, I used a blow bag and nothing changed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The toilet seems to be getting the same amount of water as before.

Ok I understand what you are saying. Sounds like your toilet is partially blocked and that you need a toilet (snake) auger. Google the image so you know what I mean. You can get them at a hardware store for about 20 bucks. I use them when I can't get a toilet unplugged with a plunger. The snake that you have described is one that is used for sinks. If you do use the toilet auger be careful as it can scratch the porcelain in the bowl pretty easy. the snake is long enough to get threw the trap of the toilet. Did you pour a bucket of water down the toilet to see how it drained?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
going to pour the bucket of water now. Will advise.
The first time I poured a bucket, it did nothing. Did it 2 more times and it made a slight difference but the flush is still slow.

ok . The next step will be the toilet auger then. I will be away from my computer for awhile so I won't be able to respond until this afternoon some time. Good luck and let me know how you make out.

hi. How did you make out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I poured water and used an auger, though not a toilet auger, cleaned the water filter and while the flushing improved, there is still not enough gravitational suction to completely evacuate the bowl. Not sure what else can be done besides using a auger for the toilet, specifically. Please advise.

If you are still getting the proper amount of pressure per flush and the water doesn't go down like a regular flush I woulkd assume that there has to be something stuck in the toilet.Maybe something was dropped in there? Toothbrush? Bar of soap? I would still recommend the toilet auger. Or you can remove the toilet and see if you see anything suck from the other end of the bowl.

How much of the auger that you used were you able to get down the toilet?