Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

This has been a constant problem: Backed up

Customer Question

This has been a constant problem: Backed up toilet/clogged... Plunging/snake, nothing works... pretty sure its not the cesspool! Smells coming thru bathrm sink, sometimes kitchen sink, and definitely from under the house. noticed shredded tissue water etc under a good portion of the ground under the hse. too. every time you do flush you hear it in bathrm sink. Its a rental we've been in for 17yrs. It just got foreclosure auctioned back to the Bank. Don't know yet if Bank wants us to vacate, wont know for another month or so, meanwhile we can't use toilet and I'm sick of this. Previous owner/landlords were plumbers, HA! he wouldn't fix it and I know he knows there's a problem. The smell from under the house is horrible. We are on the westside of Kauai, Hawaii.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Phil replied 9 months ago.

Tell me why you think its not a fully loaded and not draining properly cess pool (septic tank)... was that inspected or pumped... was the drain field tested?

Its either a non functioning septic tank and drain field, or tree roots or other clog in the sewer main blocking the flow.

the fact shredded toilet paper water under the house points to a missing or broken vent pipe, or broken sewer line.

Let me know about the septic tank and drain field cleaning if any has been done and what the results were.

Some photo's of the sewer line under the house would be helpful, use the paper clip icon at the right end of the tool bar to attach those.

We can go from there.