Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

My name is ***** *****. POur Moen push pull shower/tub

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. POur Moen push pull shower/tub handle is stuck. What do we need to remove the set screw? And could that be the problem?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The handle won't move at all. we cannot pull it ut nor turn it in any direction
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Plumbers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Much more likely the cartridge has seized up and needs to be replaced. But you'll need to remove the handle to replaced the cartridge. I need a picture of the handle showing the set screw to answer that question. You can post a picture here by clicking on ADD FILES next to the SEND button

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pics attached.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok, have you tried backing the allen set screw out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what size do we need?
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

It's usually 1/8" or 5/32". No way I can know for sure with this old style. I have a set and try each size until I find one that fits

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we need to get a set in inches, we only have milimeters.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Yes it's not a metric size.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just want you to know that the issue is resolved. Our pipes froze up which caused the handle to freeze as well. Perhaps you should ask folks to check that if this issue ever comes your way again.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

It's not uncommon for these valves to seize up. I have no idea where you live and what the weather conditions are there. You made no mention of freezing conditions and all I know is what you tell me.