Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

Identify shower door manufacturer - Need replacement parts.

Customer Question

Identify shower door manufacturer - Need replacement parts. Plastic guide on bottom (door separator) and rollers on top.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Most shower door parts are pretty generic particularly the parts you describe. In fact even Amazon sells them. If you do an Amazon search for "shower door parts" you'll probably find what you need.

Expert:  Rick replied 10 months ago.

Here's another vendor for door parts

http://www.allaboutdoors.com/index.php?cPath=83

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am still looking at the parts to see if I can use generic replacements. Ideally though I would like to get oem parts so I'd like to know who the manufacturer is
Expert:  Rick replied 10 months ago.

Unless you have an invoice or a label on the door there's no way you can tell who the manufacturer is. There are dozens of small door manufacturers around the country and they all use generic parts as do most of the major manufacturer's.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Really want to know manufacturer. This door was put in by the builder around 1999
Expert:  Rick replied 10 months ago.

I can't help you with that and I doubt anyone else will be able to identify a 17 year old door with no identifying features. If you found the parts you needed from the resources I provided I'd appreciate a favorable rating

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ended up finding generic rollers at Ace hardware and a guide on eBayStill don't know the manufacturer.
Expert:  Rick replied 10 months ago.

Ok so your problem has been solved apparently in large part due to my suggestion to looks for generic parts. Like I said before finding the manufacturer is not possible with the info you have provided.