Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

Quick question... We have a rinnai tankless hot water heater

Customer Question

Quick question... We have a rinnai tankless hot water heater that runs on propane. We recently flushed the system with vinegar thru the lines and we also cleaned the small filter on the bottom of the system. Prior to doing this our shower would get cold for about 5-10 minutes during a shower then it seemed to gradually get worse, now that we have done these two things when we turn on either shower the hot water heater doesn't even turn on. We have to turn on the sink water to get the shower water to heat up, why would this be?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Tyler Redinger replied 10 months ago.

Hey I'm tyler I'd like to help you with your question. Do your showers have good water pressure. Do you run sink and shower to get temperature up? Or just sink?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No the pressure isn't very good either and the sink gets hot on its own but to get the shower temperature up we have to turn on the sink also

Try taking your shower head off,run the shower. I'm thinking your not getting enough water flow,to activate your heater. Let me know how it worked. (May need a higher flow shower head)