Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.
64367226

We have a GeoSpring Hybrid Electric water heater, installed

Customer Question

We have a GeoSpring Hybrid Electric water heater, installed in 4/14. Lately a beeping noise was heard and it said the filter needed cleaning. After a thorough cleaning, we replaced the filter, we pressed the filter button and it was fine for a few days and it did it again. We went into Lowe's to ask them if they knew why and they said it was the fan. Also we should get in touch with you. I have seen no message flashing saying it is the fan. What would you suggest? Thanks for your input.
Mrs. William Page, Easton, Maine
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. There is a common issue with these particular water heaters. They develop a leak in the evaporator coil and since there is a low amount of coolant in the coil, the evaporator freezes and it triggers the filter alarm because of the poor circulation. I would first try leaving it off for 24 hours to allow the coil to thaw. Otherwise, if it is still under warranty it will certainly be a warranty issue repair. The refrigerant would have to be removed and the leak repaired or may possibly be fixed without removing the coolant and coolant added. Unfortunately the repair is not a DIY repair as the coolant can only be purchased by a licensed tech.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 10 months ago.

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?

Expert:  Mike R. replied 9 months ago.

Without a response from you I am not able to tell if you found the information helpful. Did you find it helpful or is there any other information that I could provide?

Expert:  Mike R. replied 9 months ago.