Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

My act-4 hot water circulator cycles from a pre setting of

Customer Question

my act-4 hot water circulator cycles from a pre setting of almost hot to almost cold to almost hot every few seconds. I'm close to the water heater. My wife is the farthest, where the sensor is located, from the heater and her experience is the water goes from a preset war to cooler and cooler
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Sounds like the remote valve/"sensor" isn't communicating with the pump. When was the last time the batteries were changed?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Brand new install, it is linked OK, water temp varies up and down instead of steady, goes from 95 to about 120. Hard to deal with esp. In the shower.
Expert:  Rick replied 10 months ago.

I'm going to open this backup to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.