Billy
Billy, Mechanical Contractor
Experience:  State Licensed Mechanical Contractor
12672042

We have a Rinnai A26 Touch that was installed in August

Customer Question

We have a Rinnai A26 Touch that was installed in August 2014. We have one controller for the hot water in the kitchen, laundry and downstairs bathroom. The second controller is for the upstairs bathroom. Both have been working perfectly until the start of this year. Now there is no hot water in the upstairs bathroom. The batteries have been changed in the controllers and both appear to be on and working. The downstairs has hot water. What could be the cause of this problem?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Billy replied 12 months ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying. Once again use reply..not "rate".

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No one has answered my question and I've just been ripped off for $54 WTH
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Won't be recommending this service or giving it a good rating. What a rip off!!!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Of course I still need help- no one has answered my question- just taken my money!!
Expert:  Billy replied 11 months ago.

I am just a tech who does this part time after my regular job. I am sorry no one helped yet, but I have a couple questions.

Have you swapped the controllers to see if the controller itself is to blame?

If we need to get hands on, do you have a voltmeter and basic knowledge of how to use?

Billy

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Don't have a bolt meter or know how to use them. The conrollers haven't been moved from their original places when the system was first set up