Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

The orange wire on the GE water heater in my apartment my

Customer Question

Customer: the orange wire on the GE water heater in my apartment my puppy chewed it off
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: is there a way to send pictures?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electricians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Plumbing
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the payment was sent
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer.

Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.

If you can save the photos to your computer, you can click the paper clip icon on the toolbar to post them here in the chat.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Users/katherinefendon/Desktop/Orange Wire1.JPG
/Users/katherinefendon/Desktop/OrangeWire2.JPG
Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.

Are you Katherine?

Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.

Unfortunately, the pics didn't load to the chat properly. If you click the paper clip icon, it should allow you to browse to the location on your computer where the images are stored.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am I am trying add files
Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.

It worked this time. It appears you have a gas water heater. Is this correct?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can take a picture of the unit if you want
Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.

Is the puppy okay, and is the water heater still working? It's okay, I don't need a photo of the water heater. As electricians, we wouldn't typically connect wiring that small on a water heater. On gas units, the plumbers usually take care of everything. That being the case, I think it would be better to transfer your question to the plumbing category.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Both are ok. I noticed after I took a shower and the hot water was fine. I just wanted to make sure it was nothing that was going to leak gas or something like that.Thank you. How do I transfer to a plumber?
Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.

Glad to hear all is well, other than the damaged wire. I'll transfer your question to the plumbing category. It sometimes takes a little while for a question to be moved to a new category, as it has to be done manually by a moderator. We appreciate your patience. Have a blessed evening.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.

Happy to help. I have put in the transfer request.