Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

We installed a ***** ***** Tub/shower and forgot the

Customer Question

Customer: We installed a ***** ***** Tub/shower and forgot the overflow. Easy answer? Raised Drain?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We installed the custom recessed tub without an overflow.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Plumbers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

I'm not sure I understand your issue. You installed a tub but the hole for the overflow is just open? nothing connected to it?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We forgot the overflow
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This is a custom recessed Shower/tub from Tile. The tub portion is recessed 18". Now we find that the overflow has been forgotten.
Expert:  Rick replied 10 months ago.

Ok, so yes nothing connected to the overflow opening. You need to disconnect the drain connections and install a waste and overflow. Most of these assemblies are a package. We prefer Gerber's brass W & O which has a stopper mechanism in the overflow pipe. There are also kits that use all PVC fittings and have a "toe-touch" stopper mechanism in the bottom of the tub. How is it piped now?