Tyler Redinger
Tyler Redinger,
Experience:  Plumber at Trademark Plumbing
92057757

Oh, My name is ***** *****. Repeated Upper Sensor failure on

Customer Question

Customer: Oh, hi there. My name is ***** *****. Repeated Upper Sensor failure on a Whirlpoooo hot water tank
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure. the unit (SG1J5040T3NOV) stops making hot water about 1-2 times a day. Each time, 6 blinking lights indicate upper sensor failure. Did some research and most people just turn it off and relight. We do this now about 1-2 times per day.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Plumbers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying. Once again use reply..not "rate".

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. But according to this website's terms, I was supposed to have an initial answer? Anyway, Im assuming you saw the question I asked in the chat conversation that came with the request. If not, here it is:Repeated Upper Sensor failure on a Whirlpoooo hot water tank. The unit (SG1J5040T3NOV) stops making hot water on average about 1-2 times a day. Some days it is fine. Each time, 6 blinking lightsindicate upper sensor failure. Did some research and most people just turn it off and relight. We do this now and it actually solves the issue. The red light indicates normal operation. But then it happens again, and I repeat the process of relighting. There seems to be no direct correlation on when the tank has a demand for hot water or not. Seems very random. Which is why I have paid to perhaps get some insights from a pro. Thanks much.
Expert:  Tyler Redinger replied 1 year ago.

Hey, seems to me you have a bad thermostat,or your not getting proper gas flow. Let me know if I can help with anything else!